Welcome to the My Five Acres 7-Day Meditation Kick Start! You deserve major props for making the time to be here!
If you found this page by chance, sign up for our free 7-Day Meditation Kick Start to learn how to meditate.
Here’s today’s action list:
- Watch the short video below. In it, I talk to you about how to sit comfortably. (Yup, we’re going right back to basics).
- At the end of the video, take the comfortable seat you have just created for yourself. Set a timer and sit for just a couple of minutes. I ALWAYS set a timer for meditation. This prevents my mind from wondering how long I have been meditating – there are already enough distractions without adding another one.
Here’s a recap of what we learned today:
- Sit however you want, or even lie down.
- Be comfortable so you can relax.
- Have your hips as high as your knees if you’re sitting on the floor.
- Use a prop to lift your hips. You can use blankets, blocks, or books.
- Sit up straight and tall. If possible, don’t round your lower back.
- Do move your shoulders back and relax your shoulders down your back.
- Think of someone pulling on a string at the top of your head.
♥ Happy adventures, Stephen & Jane
P.S. Did you enjoy today’s lesson? If so, please share the kick start with a friend!