How to make your Vietnam trip extra-special
We have explored Vietnam from top to bottom and just love the country, its people, and the incredible food! There are so many adventures to be had, we really don’t want you to miss out.
We’ve hand-selected some amazing adventures for you to have in Vietnam. So, if you want to take your Vietnam trip to the next level, start with the activities below!
Vegan & Veggie Cooking Classes in Vietnam
Did you know there are lots of vegan and vegetarian cooking classes in Vietnam? Here are some of our favourites!
Hanoi, 3 hours, 5/5, $32
Learn to cook 5 classic Vietnamese dishes
Why we like Cookly
- They personally visit every cooking class to ensure quality before adding it to the site
- Their cooking schools purchase most ingredients from local markets and many focus on organic ingredients
- For most classes, you can cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund (with 4% service charge)
Grasshopper runs some of our favourite tours in Vietnam, taking you off the beaten track and introducing you to local people and beautiful landscapes.
Why we like Grasshopper Adventures
- They promote travel by bicycle, which is our favourite (and the most eco-friendly) way to travel
- Their guides are entertaining, knowledgable, and they promote socially responsible businesses on all tours, so your travel money can have a positive impact
- Group tours are 6–14 people. Just enough to make sure you’re in good company, but not too many to be overwhelming
- A small company, Grasshopper gives that personal touch to every traveller. You’ll leave feeling more like family than just another customer
If you’re looking for some more adventures in Vietnam, small or big, try these.
Why we like Intrepid
- Their local guides show you hidden secrets you’d never discover yourself
- Small group tours mean you get to visit small businesses (and you’re never stuck on a bus with 30 tourists!)
- Intrepid gives back to the communities they work in, and have an excellent social responsibility policy
If you’d like to add some healthy and restorative time to your Vietnam trip, start here.
Da Nang, 3 days, 4.5/5, from $1155
A raw food and juice cleanse to boost your energy levels
Da Nang, 5 days, 4.5/5, from $1797
Luxurious vegan retreat to kick-start lifestyle changes
Why we like BookRetreats
- The company started by mindful adventurers just like us
- They offer a best price guarantee on their handpicked retreats
- There is free cancellation on most retreats (check before you book, just in case)
About our Travel Partners
We carefully select the travel partners we recommend to you and choose them based on the quality of their offerings, their services, and their approach to social responsibility.
We hope you enjoy all the free content we create for you on My Five Acres. Did you know that all of it is written by just the two of us? Yup, it’s a full-time job!
You can easily support us by using our travel partner links when you book activities on your travels! If you do, we get a small commission, usually around 4%, that helps pay for the hard work we put in.
Thanks so much! You’re helping us live our dream, so we can help you live yours.